St. Thomas Mar Thoma Church, Pallipad 
  
home site map contact


Online Bible
e-bible - An online bible with Old Testament and New Testament with references and study notes.

News and Events
For latest happenings in our church click the News Tab or the link provided here more...
Powered By
ProEmTech Infosystems Private Limited
For any details contact Webmaster

Welcome to St. Thomas Mar Thoma Church, Pallipad

Mar Thoma Valia Palli, pride of Pallipad, is a symbol of faith and determination, completed 100 years of glorious spiritual service. As a part of centenary celebration, a newly build Function Hall (Parish Hall) was dedicated to public on 1st September, 2007.

Pallipad St. Thomas Mar Thoma Church has a total of about 265 families with more than 1200 members, primarily focused on serving the spiritual needs of Mar Thoma Christians which spreads throughout Pallipad and Haripad. This church plays an important role in passing our faith and beliefs to our future generation through Fellowship, Prayer and Worship under the vision of Mar Thoma Church.

In the early days of 19th century the Christian believers at Pallipad area had to walk nearly six kilometers to reach the Syrian Church at Cheppad to attend the church services. The long distance to the place of worship had been a problem for many believers to attend the church services regularly. Naturally a genuine desire arose among the believers to have a parish established at Pallipad. Consequently on Kumbham 2, 1042 Rt. Rev. Mathews Mar Athanasius, Palakkunneth laid the foundation stone for the present St. George Orthodox Church at Pallipad.
During those days the Church reformation movement lead by Rev. Abraham Malpan Achen gained momentum and many families joined the movement. On Vrichikam 28, 1066 the newly formed reformation group bought “Thachayil Purayidam” and constructed a small building to conduct prayer fellowship. But on Kanni 13, 1082 as per the judgment of the civil court the reformation group lost the right of use of the church as well as the land they bought. At that difficult situation Perkattu Rev. P. V. Koshy Kathanar rose to the occasion and on his appeal at the superior court the Mar Thoma church won the land and the property back.

As the number of the Mar Thoma family increased to 135 a new place of worship was necessary. In 1908 the “ Kattuparambil purayidam”  was bought and a temporary building was constructed for worship. On June 21, 1908 Rt. Rev. Titus II celebrated the Holy Qurbana. As the number of families increased to 166 the parish council decided to construct a large church building. It took 25 years to complete and that church is what we have today, St. Thomas Mar Thoma Valiya Pally. The first vicar Perkattu Rev. P.V. Koshy Kathanar and his loving and dedicated parish members sacrificed a lot to construct this church building. On Makaram 28, 1127  Rt. Rev. Yuhannon Mar Themotheos consecrated the church.

Our Diocesan Bishop..

Our Vicar..

His Grace Rt. Rev. Dr. Zacharias Mar Theophilus Suffragan Metropolitan

 

Rev. C Yohannan

Click here to read latest news letter.

Pallipad Convention

Click here View Pallipad Convention Details..

Church Construction


What's New

Word Of God  Daily Inspiration's

Joy and gladness will come to you, and many will rejoice at his birth

-- Luke 1:14 

Difficult Situations are the opportunities for God to do things to us or through us.

-- DAVE MEYER 

"Pallipad Entae Gramam", "Church Community in Orkut" and "pallipad.in"

We are starting a board in our forum for our Pallipad with information about our cultural, social, geographical and agricultural dominance. Click here to access the board.

A new web portal for our Pallipad started functioning from July 20, 2009. Visit www.pallipad.in for more details.


Archives

Complete list of old "home page's" will be available in "Archives" section of our website. Click here to access the Archives.


home · about · organizations · news · forum · gallery · links · contact us
© 2007-2011 St. Thomas Mar Thoma Church, Pallipad